Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

The CL82451 phone system in our home is anchored in the

Customer Question

The CL82451 phone system in our home is anchored in the kitchen. Last week, a brief small fire in the toaster oven occurred and subsequently the phone system stopped working. An electrician has repaired the damage and the phone has been charged overnight, but it still fails to function. It looks "normal:" reset clock is functioning, info display is working, etc. When I phone our number from my cell phone, I hear the rings, etc., just as usual but there is no sound in the land line phone and the answering machine is not deployed. What should I do?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

Sorry to hear of any issue you may be having with your phone(s).

May I ask:

1) The TOTAL number of cordless handsets you have with this system? If more than one, do ALL handsets not work?

2) Do you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

3) When you say you "hear the rings" when you call from your cell phone, are these rings heard IN the cell phone ONLY?

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-