Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have phones KX TG4223B they no longer announce callers, I

Customer Question

I have phones KX TG4223B they no longer announce callers,
I have checked all stations and batteries are OK I also have
turned the volume up. but still no announcment, what am I missing
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you may be having with your phone(s).

May I ask :

1) What "announcement" are you used to hearing when someone calls? Would that be the phone number or name of the caller, or something else?

2) Can you double-check the model of your system?

3) Can you tell me the TOTAL number of handsets you have working with this system?

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
announcement of name & number of caller, 3 handsets. Model KX TG9331T
it looks a lot like the one in the add KX TGA223B
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hi again,

OK - according to my notes, a CORDLESS HANDSET that will work with the KX-TG9331T system SHOULD be a Model KX-TGA930, 931, or 935.

So if you have a DIFFERENT model handset than the above, that tells me that you MAY have more than one Panasonic SYSTEM.

If that is the case, I can let you know that the original system number you sent on this question (KX-TG4223B) does NOT have the "Talking Caller ID" feature.

So do you have MORE than one Panasonic system at your location?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
MY SYSTEM IS MODEL KXTG9331T, WITH 3 PHONES.IT ALWAYS MADE A ANNOUNCEMENT ON WHO WAS CALLING BUT IT JUST STOPPE I CAN CALL & RECEIVE CALLS, BUT THE ANNOUNCEMENT WAS WHAT I REALLY LIKED. I CAN STILL USE PHONES
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

OK - very good.

So may I ask if you can still SEE the "Caller ID" of the caller - when a new call comes IN?

NOTE: That will tell us IF the "Caller ID" SERVICE (from your phone service provider) is still working.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ON THE BOTTOM OF MY SYSTEM STATES PANASONIC MODEL KXTG9331T IT IS CALLED A PANASONIC DECT 6.0
TALKING CALLER
ALSO ON THE BOTTOM SHOWS S/N 81CQA283085 MODEL KXTG9333T
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

OK - very good.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
NO I ONLY SAYS IN COMMING CALL
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

OK - if that is the case, it sounds like the "Caller ID" feature - which is a service from your service provider - is not functioning.

So may I ask what service provider you have for this phone line AND if ANYTHING has CHANGED recently with the service "package" you have with that provider?

NOTE: The "Caller ID" feature from your service provider MUST be turned ON and WORKING - for the Talking Caller ID to work properly.

Thanks

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)