Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Can you help us. We have a Panasonice KX-T7431 telephone

Customer Question

Hello. Can you help us. We have a Panasonice KX-T7431 telephone system and need to change the voice mail message. But we don't have the password! Is there a reset button?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Do not hit the reset button on your phone system. That would cause the phones to go down, and largely require large amounts of reprogramming.

The thing to do is, first, to determine whether the voice mail message is coming from:

- the phone system box

- a card installed, plugged in, within it

- a separate voicemail system box

- or just the individual phone stations, which sometimes have message capability.

- or, perhaps, something like ATT Voicemail, which is provided by a phone company independently of the local boxes, phone stations, etc.

Also determining the voicemail message's origins' maker and model number, can help a lot.