Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

I have been trying to make phone calls past 2 days and the

Customer Question

I have been trying to make phone calls for the past 2 days and the call goes through but the person cannot hear me
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have one handset. And yes it is working properly. Computer and phone are on the same line. I am using SKYPE for my long distance calling. So when I place a call through SKYPE it goes through and I can hear the person I have called but they cannot hear me. Phone model KX-TG4021
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nathan, Is this something that SKYPE should fix?
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the info, Susan.

How is your panasonic connected?

Are you using the "click to call" function where you dial the number on the computer and your home phone then rings?

Do you have any trouble with local calls made from the phone itself (pick up the panasonic line, get a dial tone, dial)?