Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

My new cordless telephone instruction manual got lost blue

Customer Question

My new cordless telephone instruction manual got lost for Panasonic blue tooth Model K-XTGF 382M. I don't know how to retrieve telephone messages through the service provider. Can you help?\
Darlene Roberts
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hello Darlene & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

2) Can you tell me if messages are being stored on the built-in Answering system of the Panasonic OR the provider's Voicemail System?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The phone company services Roseville California, Consolidated Communication. I used the company service rather than the one within the phone. Maybe I should discontinue the message retrieval system.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

May I ask HOW LONG you have had this provider AND if they have given you "good service/value" - up to this point?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The company changed (was purchased a few years ago.) I have had good service but I have a hunch that it might be the "phone" that is the problem as I had some problems with the prior AT&T portable phone that this Panasonic replaced. As I stated before, I utilize the company's message service.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

OK - I'm of course not knowledgeable of any previous phones that were in use with this service, but if you had problems with a previous phone (the AT&T portable) and have similar issues now with the Panasonic, that would tend to tell us that this is a problem with the SERVICE - and not the phones themselves.

So may I ask if there is a MANUAL PROCEDURE to get into the Voicemail system (of the provider) that can be used?

I only ask because MOST provider's allow you to access their voicemail system by either picking up the phones, getting a dial tone, and then dialing a special "code sequence" (like *98) OR dialing your own phone number (from your home phone).

Also, I can give you a link to the electronic (PDF) version of the instruction manual for this system - if that would help. Just let me know if you need that.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't think anything has been accomplished. I Need to get my hands on the Manual. I think I will take it back to the place Best Buy where I purchased it to see if they can help me get a manual. They told me it is easy to obtain online but when I entered the name, model, etc. I was directed to you.I would like to cancel the $5 fee as I don't think you helped me. At least I know where I might go in the future. Thank you and confirm there will no be a fee. Darlene Roberts
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again Darlene,

If you didn't notice, I do NOT believe this is an issue with the phone you are using, but with the PHONE SERVICE. That is why I didn't offer an electronic version of the manual for you, as I didn't think there would be any information in there that might help.

As for any questions about charges or fees:

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:

You should also have an option in the upper right corner of that page to contact Customer Service via email, chat, or phone.

Please let me know if you have any more questions - about your phone system - now or in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-