Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

At 5 Pm this evening (9/6) a ATT repairman came to my home,

Customer Question

At 5 Pm this evening (9/6) a ATT repairman came to my home, requesting acce because nss to my backyard because a neighbor had requested service for an out of order telephone . I pointed the man to the box and that was the last i saw of him. And now my telephone Which was working perfectly up to that point is out of order ((###) ###-####. I'm desperate because My wife is very seriously ill and I need to be in close contact with doctors and the hospital. A very urgent correction of this problem is requested. Petrus Overschie
Petrus Overschie 14307 Radbrook Lane Houston Texas 77079 Tel(###) ###-####
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is a serious predicament. I hope the repairman was not confused about the address, and did not 'fix' the problem with your neighbor's telephone by doing procedures on yours which rendered it inoperative.

In any case, a mistake was made by the ATT/ the phone co. You need to contact their customer service and complain.

And if your own phone's service is not provided by ATT, then you need to report the problem to whatever co. provides your phone's phone line service, also.

If you have a GMail account, Google provides a free phone service for local calls, in GMail as accessed by your browser, with which you may use your computer's microphone (if it has one) and speakers as your telephone. That would allow you to make calls to ATT (and the other co. if ATT is not your own phone service provider).