Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a Panasonic Vb-42210 and 't have a manual.

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Vb-42210 and don't have a manual. I'm trying to program the phone with pre recorded voice message when we're not in the office. I would like to Be able to transfer to it at the end of the day
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

So this means you just want to have a 'night message' on the phone, in other words?

Again: Night messages are usually a function of the phone system box that the line from your Panasonic VB-42210 phone station goes to.

If this is what you want, I'll try to find a Night Message function or equivalent for this phone station model... but it almost certainly is not capable of it except through the phone system box, and knowing that maker and model # ***** help me give you a good answer.

I'm researching that...

Incidentally, this is a source for the manual for your VB-42210 phone station:

I'm still looking up the definitive info on your answer...

That manual mentions that function 78 allows a Night Answer device to pick up - but probably you don't have one.

And it says that Night Mode can be toggled On, or toggled Off, with

But I suspect we really have to know what phone system box your VB-42210 phone station talks to. The functions you are asking about are there, not in this rather simple phone station.