Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

I own a Panasonic KX-TGA470 a cordless phone set with two

Customer Question

I own a Panasonic KX-TGA470 a cordless phone set with two receivers. It seems as though we have two systems meaning two mailboxes and one is receiving calls but we can't access it. Also we have recorded a new answering message and yet the old one is playing suggesting that there may be two systems each with a different answering message. Whats going on and how do we get to the inbox with messages on it and merge the systems so only one is active.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

If you pick up the line, what do you hear?
A fast tone or beeps prior to the dial tone, or just the normal dial tone?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
normal dial
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hey you asked a question, I gave you an answer now where are you. Must we sit through this much silence between each exchange. Are you on my case or what
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is not working and I want to cancel the process. I understand and accepted that there might be a wait time before I got to work with a technician, but I thought once we started we would stay in contact until the problem was resolved. Not the case. i want out of the arrangement and no more money charged to my card. I am not at all satisfied
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry I missed you earlier. I was offline for dinner.

Please note that I replied to your initial question within 1 minute, but didn't hear back from you for 40 more, and was offline at the time. Like you, I'm not online at all times.

You've already paid the full agreed upon fee to the site. I'm happy to continue helping you, but do need a bit more info still please, including the proper model number of your system, which is found on the main base station (not the handset).

I also need to know who your phone company/carrier is, if you have any other phones/systems connected to the line, and I'd like to ask you to once more please check, carefully, what the dial tone is. Given the symptoms, we would expect you to hear a stutter tone or beeps, not a normal tone, which is critically important to a proper diagnosis.

Thank you,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.