Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have 2 vtech systems-cs6729-3&cs6729-5 which connect to a

Customer Question

I have 2 vtech systems-cs6729-3&cs6729-5 which connect to a verizon wireless home phone #F256-b. I would like to get them to act as one system so that each phone could access message. How do I do that
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Mark.

Unfortunately this won't be possible.

While they systems are essentially the same model, each handset can be linked to only 1 base station, and these systems cannot accommodate more than 5 handsets off a single base. They can coexist on the same line, with each handset linked to its respective base, but you can only use the answer system on one of them, and the handsets for the other base would not be able to listen to the other system.

For that type of functionality, your best option would be to forego (turn off) the answer machine in the vtech systems, and instead subscribe to the voicemail service offered by verizon. Then both systems would access voicemail the same, usually by dialing *98 to dial into the VM server.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Mark?