Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

The phone says check phone line and has no dial tone : i

Customer Question

the phone says check phone line and has no dial tone
JA: Fortunately, the tech wizards can untangle any phone problem that comes their way -- landline-related or otherwise -- and I'd like to connect you with the best one for this. Have you tried to troubleshoot?
Customer: i have turned off the phones and tried on a different outlet that seems to work modem ok
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: phone was used and when hung up message came saying Check Phone Line. One phone is connected to this line and there are two others that are only connected to electricity. The modem which is on the same number but a different outlet works. When I tried phone on this outlet still did not work
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Phone System Technician should know?
Customer: Cannot think of anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi Alex and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the phone system.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did not ask for 32 dollars to be taken from my account immediately after you took the 5 dollars please return the 32 immediately. I still do not have any answer of why my landline us out
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues hence for that; "...the complete model number of the phone system...." is needed.

On the above post and other billing & payment concerns, contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions.