Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

I have a KXTGC210 digital phone and answering machine. It

Customer Question

I have a KXTGC210 digital phone and answering machine. It has stopped ringing and I can't make/receive calls. When I call from a cell phone it goes straight to voice mail stating it is not available. I followed all troubleshooting ideas and problem is not remedied. Light is on, phone is charged, time/date are accurate. Checked connections. Ringer is on, silent mode off. What can I do to get it working?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Answers to ?'s: I have another phone. This is a land line. Both phones do not work. Sienna
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I asked 4 specific questions; as I need as much detail as possible to be able to give you an accurate answer.

I understand the panasonic is not working.

I need to know, specifically, if you have any OTHER phones there, that are not part of the panasonic system.
If you do not currently, that is the next step. We really need to test the line with another device to isolate the cause of the problem.
Can you get/buy/borrow a basic corded phone to test? Buy a cheap one at walmart, borrow from a neighbor for a few minutes, etc.