Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I purchased a KX-TS208W. (2-line landline speakerpjone) When

Customer Question

I purchased a KX-TS208W. (2-line landline speakerpjone) When I lift the handset, the selected line lights up but I do not get a dial tone. The only way to get a dial tone is to press speakerphone. What is wrong?
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

If you start a call on speaker, then switch to the handset, can the other caller still hear you, even if you can't hear them?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No - cannot switch
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

You should be able to toggle back and forth by using the SP button, are you saying that won't work either (understanding that you likely won't hear them, I just want you to test to see if they could still hear you or not)

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?