Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My panasonic KX-TGA401C cordless phone has stopped showing

Customer Question

My panasonic KX-TGA401C cordless phone has stopped showing caller ID. It is not a problem with the provider as I have already checke. When it rings it shows incoming calls not a phone number or I'd . This has happened since two weeks ago. It has worked fine until then.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Phone System Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I used to be able to check who had called. It is no longer showing that either. I erased all existing calls thinking that memory may be full but still doesn't save them. When I receive a call it shows " incoming call" only, on the display and when I go to check the history,not here is nothing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit and START with KX-TG (but NOT have an "A" after the G.

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if so, does ALL handsets behave this way?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) If you have ANY other "Caller ID capable" devices (phones, fax, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Kd-tga401c. Yes all 3 handsets are no longer caller id
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We use bell Canada for phone provider and we do not have any other devices
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just received a text saying it has an answer on my cell but no link. I just gave my MasterCard number and have been sent all over. I do not authorize anything other than the 5 dollars for help. This issue is new. I would like some help on how to fix it, please. I do not require anything other than that.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay.

I have an image attached that shows the MAIN BASE UNIT along with the handsets are chargers you may have in your system.

Please look for the MAIN BASE UNIT of your system and let me know the model number there.

NOTE: All KX-TGA models are for the handsets only.

Also, have you had ANY changes in your account with Bell - in the last month or so?

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
KX-TG4033CB is the handset model number. We did NOT change service provider and we have already checked with them. Everything is in order on their end.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have no desire to pay for a phone call. I thought I was contacting the panasonic help line and did not expect to pay for support. However, I have agreed to pay the $ 5.00 but that is all. Thank you for your help. I would just like to get this sorted as it is very inconvenient for me.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for that model number and details.

Since Caller ID issue being received by the phone is very often traced back to "signal quality" issue, may I ask if you have noticed ANY "noise" or "scratchiness", or other loss of quality in your phone conversations - about the same times this all began?

NOTE: ANY requests you see on your side of the system for other services are OPTIONAL, and can be turned down. Please don't let those requests distract you from our conversations here.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, the phone works fine, just not getting caller ID.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

OK - do you have a DIFFERENT phone jack in your location, where you can MOVE the MAIN BASE UNIT and the phone cord to that DIFFERENT phone jack, and then TEST (by having someone call) - to see if the Caller ID works there?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I keep getting texts saying here is the answer with no link. I have received 3 so far. When I tap the link too thing happens. I am being charged for each of these texts. I just want tondeal with you directly. How do I stop these texts. It is the same one over and over. No information. Sorry, I just emailed for support on my house phone. I do not need to keep receiving the same useless text all day.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No we only have the one jack
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Hi again,

OK - perhaps you were not clear that you posted your question on JustAnswer.com, where I picked up to try to help.

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

You should also have an option in the upper right corner of that page to contact Customer Service via email, chat, or phone.

If you would like to continue here, after straightening out any concerns you have, just let me know.

Then we can go on with troubleshooting steps.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please just help me with this issue.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not want to pay for phone call or keep paying. I will contact them when we sort this out
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you give me a 1800 number to call. I am continually receiving texts I am up to 7 of the same texts now. I am finding it difficult to maneuver back and forth on my iPad and because of health issues, I cannot use pc
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

OR perhaps via any "My Account" link on your side of the system.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you are not going to help me with my phone issue?