Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Listeners complain they cannot hear my voice; I am sitting

Customer Question

Listeners complain they cannot hear my voice; I am sitting by a computer which is on, and the make of the phone is a Panasonic Kx-TGA4021, an older model. I tried to get to the battery to possibly replace it, but I can't get the panel on the back of the phone to open. Now what?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & Welcome,Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) Does this ONLY happen when the phone HANDSET is close to your computer?2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and of more than one, do ALL handsets have this same issue?3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly? Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Today my phone handset was close to my computer; I'm not aware of this happening elsewhere.
NO other devices attached to this phone line
I believe that it is happening with only one of our three handsets.
Comcast
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still there? The other problem is that I cannot open the battery door on the backs side of the phone to check if it is in working order.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information. Sorry for any delay - it does take a few moments to see and reply to your messages. Thanks for your patience. OK - can you TEST - to see if this issue "goes away" when you are NOT close to the computer? Since this is a cordless system, that could be done by taking the cordless handset to a location AWAY from the computer, and trying to have a conversation there? Also, may I ask if this happens on ALL CALLS (both incoming or outgoing)?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This happened for the first time today. I changed phone and got through to the number I was trying to call on the other phone.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've only experienced this on out[-going calls.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
OK - let me explain what we are doing - which is troubleshooting. We are really trying to find out the SOURCE of this issue, be it one (or more) of the handsets, "interference" from the computers, an issue with the main base unit (common to all handsets), or something else (such as the SERVICE). Can you do a little TESTING - to see if this is a "repeatable" issue? I only ask because TESTING is needed to get to the heart of the matter. Thanks