Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

2 wks ago had Comcast shut down voice mail........ my

Customer Question

2 wks ago had Comcast shut down voice mail........ my Panasonic phones (kxtg4732) continue to display new VM with date and ***** *****ght constantly indicating message on all phones....if you cannot resolve I will trash phones .....
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.To help you with this issue, may I ask: 1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?2) If MORE than ONE handset, do ALL handsets have the "New voicemail" message on the display of EACH handset?3) Can you also do a QUICK TEST for me? That TEST is to see if you can hear the "VM Waiting" signal, being sent from the service provider.To TEST for that, simply pick up any handset (while NOT on a call) that has the "New Voicemail" message on the display, and press the TALK button and QUICKLY listen for the dial tone and let me know what you hear.Possible results:- a CLEAR and STEADY dial tone.- a few "beeps" followed by a steady dial tone.- a few "pulsed" dial tones, followed by a steady dial tone.- something else. Thanks