Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have been using vtech phones past 5 or 6 years. In the

Customer Question

I have been using vtech phones for the past 5 or 6 years. In the past, there was no problem
updating and replacing parts, etc. They had been totally compatible until I received my new
CS6629. base phone/answering device and 3 satellite cordless phones. The base phone/answering ststem appears OK; but the satellite phones print out that they must be registered in order to be usable.
How do I do that, or am I doing that now with this message that I am sending to you?
Thank you.
Levon Bedrosian(###) ###-####
My address is***** Apt. 151,
Slingerlands, NY 12159.
Incidentally, I am in the Beverwyck Retirement community.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you trying to add old phones to a new system?Or just trying to set up a new system (new base and handsets that were purchased all together as a kit)?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I bought the new Vtech phone system on line, It arrived yesterday afternoon. The base phone/answering instrument seems to be working so far; but I have not had any calls on it yet. The wireless extra handsets are hooked up, but will not function until i am/they are "registered". I was unsuccessful in getting registered,
although I followed the instructions in the manual, and went on line to attempt to register..
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In the above statement, I erroneously termed the extra handsets as "wireless". They of course are
CORDLESS.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
By "registering" they simply mean to "pair" the cordless handsets to the base station.That should be done from the factory and is normally not something you have to do.Did you install the batteries in each handset properly and charge them several hours before use?After that, set each one on the main base station for a few seconds, and that may pair them.If not, I'll guide you through the full registration process. Nathan