MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing telephone systems, wireless and wired multi line systems as well as computer transmisions.
11519491

I have a Panasonic system KX-TD1232 connected to a KX-TVA50.

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic system KX-TD1232 connected to a KX-TVA50. The TVA 50 says the memory is at 100%. It seems to be there for no reason. I have checked the usage report and have cleared any messages. I also am running the maintenance program that usually runs at 1:00. Is there a way to clean up the memory so messages can be taken? Right now, it does not allow any messages. This is a small business and only has a dozen or so mailboxes and we do use the email feature.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your KX-TVA50?Also has it has a lot of use?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I actually cleared a couple mailboxes that no longer have personnel. This took the unit down to 77%. The unit is fairly new within the last couple years. It has the latest software. Usage with a dozen boxes should not bother this box. I have many accounts with much more activity than this and never hit 100%. Do you think emails may be clogging it up. I read that they are stored till the cleanup utility runs at 1:00. We are good at the moment and I have an ok to get the expansion card, but that seems a bit drastic for so few boxes.
Hi, yes that is correct.These KX-TVA50's can start running slow and having memory issues after a lot of usage and the solution is to replace the HDD if the problem persists after deleting files and data.But I would see how it goes now that you have gotten it down to 77%.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael