Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have phone Model KX-TG9391T The problem is that the second

Customer Question

I have phone Model KX-TG9391T The problem is that the second line is displaying a circle with a line through it and does not get a dial tone. There is also a number 2 in the phone display with a battery picture. If I change the battery it appears to need a rechargeable one Will the phone automatically charge this battery? I do not have a charger. Line 1 seems to be working OK.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Susan. What type of batteries did you put in it?Do you have any other phones there that are not part of the panasonic system?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just put regular Duracell batteries...and then the phone indicated they had to be rechargeable. I have no other phones on the system. Is this the reason the line 2 is not responding with a dial tone? I also asked if the new rechargeable batteries would automatically charge in the phone?
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Those batteries will not work, and can actually damage the phone. These phones require NiMH type rechargeable batteries: http://amzn.to/1WBGRUC Can you get a dial tone for line 2 on the corded panasonic handset?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do not have a corded handset they are all portable on cradles
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Are you sure of the model number you gave me?Because that is for a system with a corded handset linked to the main base station, and a single cordless handset.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That number came from the bottom of the unit This process is lasting way too long and I feel now I have to ask for a refund as you are not responding to my problem.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
I'm trying to help you, but I need complete information to properly diagnose the problem.I did respond to your initial question about the batteries. You cannot use duracell or disposable batteries, and cannot try to charge them on the base, you will damage the phone and possibly even start a fire. I provided a link to the proper battery to buy.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
I'm trying to help you as quickly as possible, and have responded to each of your replies within a minute, but the average response time back is averaging about 1/2 hour for the details/questions I ask. I am devoting my personal time to trying to assist you here, and will respond back to you as quickly as possible to further our conversation. Can you please recheck that model number for me, and confirm again that the main base station does not have a corded handset.I also need you to try calling your 2nd line phone number from another phone (cell, neighbor, etc) and tell me what happens.