Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

I am unable to turn on caller id. Panasonic handset kx-tga653 JA:

Customer Question

I am unable to turn on caller id. Panasonic handset kx-tga653
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i am following instructions in the operating instructions, have confirmed my subscription for caller id with century link. but caller id does not work.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Phone System Technician should know?
Customer: its a new phone.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets NOT display the Caller ID?2) Do you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they display the Caller ID properly?3) WHEN did this issue first begin, or was noticed? Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2 total handsets neither display caller id info. i also have a pc, fax and apple airport (wireless router) in the house. my wife thinks we got a talking caller id or at least a visual display on the tv screen when we either changed to or back from prism. not sure of time frame and she isn't here to ask right now.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hi again, OK - can you TEST now - to see if the Caller ID shows on your TV (assuming it is ON, and you can have someone call you)? Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no thank you.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
If you are seeing ANY additional offers of your side of the system, those are OPTIONAL and please feel free to turn those down. But can you do the TEST I mentioned (checking for Caller ID on the TV), and let me know if that works? Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nothing shows up on the tv sets.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
OK - has that feature (Caller ID on TV) EVER WORKED - with your CURRENT service provider? I only ask because that is sometimes a "feature" - that can be turned ON or off. Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hi again, I was reviewing our conversation here and notice that I did not ask for the model of the MAIN BASE UNIT of your Panasonic system. I also did not ask if the FAX system IS (or is not) showing the Caller ID - when calls come in (assuming it is attached to the same phone line). So may I ask those questions NOW? Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)