Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I received the following from a client this morning. "We're

Customer Question

I received the following from a client this morning. "We're currently deployed on a missing person search and this morning the phone system woke up with a flashing message that appears to be in some non-English language....all phones are doing it, and a power restart didn't resolve it--anybody got any info on this phone system to tell me how to do a "full reset" or any programming resolution please??" Can you help?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It might help if there was some idea as to what the flashing message in non-English *is*, even if it's in Cyrillic... it could help us understand better, what is going on, rather than just doing a reset on it. So if you have any information on that, it might help the case to mention it, please. (I can get it translated, even if it is in Cyrillic, I think, though that would be more difficult.) Simply doing a hard reset or factory reset on the phone system will not get it up and running, unless it was non-configured to begin with. A phone system's operating condition is the result of considerable amounts of highly elaborate programming, and to wipe that programming to a default state, would not help the situation much, if at all. It may seem like a short-cut, but it is in reality, quite a long-cut, as it were. I think we should figure out what the error message on the phone system means, first, please. And pursue a factory reset if it turns out to indicate one is best.