Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.

Panasonic kx-fg2451 C2.4 GHz cordless phone system/copier: when

Customer Question

Panasonic kx-fg2451 C2.4 GHz cordless phone system/copier:
when cordless phone is turned ON this is the message on screen: NO LINK TO BASE MOVE CLOSER TO THE BASE & TRY AGAIN.
I am VERY close to the base. I have REplaced batteryCHARGED IT CLEANED CHANGE CONTACTS/CHARGED AGAIN. unplugged the base units power cord to reset/plugged in/tried again.
any thoughts??
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
This symptom can indicate either a problem with handset (faulty radio transceiver) OR a hardware failure in the base station (bad control board). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines, though this is a very old system, long obsolete and far past its service life, so seeing this failure just from normal age related wear and tear is not surprising either.The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from all handsets3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality. If that fails, we'd next attempt to manually reregister the handset. Let me know the results.Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.Please reply back here on this page when ready.Nathan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did as your directed. I also reregistered handset w/ERROR MESSAGE RECEIVED.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the information.I'm sorry I missed you earlier, the double reply gets lost in the queue and then I don't see anything. If the problem is persisting even after re-registering, that confirms a hardware fault, which again isn't surprising to see on an older (2007 model) system.This system cannot be repaired, as it is 2 generations of technology old, replaced by 5.8 and then dect6 formats.The entire system would have to be replaced at this point, though systems like this are no longer made. You could keep the main unit to use for fax functionality, and just use a separate cordless system: new models on the market use a DECT6 frequency which is far superior in cordless range and sound quality to the older systems, so you'd benefit from updating anyway. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?