GeekGal, Telephony Systems Manager
Experience:  15+ years Experience Supporting Phone Systems

Our phone extensions were set up 7 years ago. We now have

Customer Question

Our phone extensions were set up 7 years ago. We now have new people moving into offices of people who have left and did not leave their mailbox password ***** How do we change a password ***** an extension so that a new message can be programmed? Panasonic KX DT343.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Phone System Technician should know?
Customer: Not at this time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
With the Panasonic KX DT343, mailbox 999 administers the system and allows you to add voice mailboxes and reset existing voice mail boxes. Dial extension 999, enter the password ***** it, and then follow the prompts. f you don't know the password ***** 998 and 999, then you will have to get it from the original installer, or call your Panasonic dealer. Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't think this helps at all. I thought I made it clear that we do not have the password.
I want to change the password ***** contacting the original installer. Are you saying that you can't help so call my original installer?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
I understood you to say to that you needed to reset the password ***** voicemail boxes of people who have left. I do realize that you don't have their passwords. However, if you don't have the password ***** the master voicemail box, 999, there is nothing that I can do to assist you. I seriosuly doubt that anyone else can help either, unless they rest the entire system to factory settings which I am sure you don't want to do, but just in case I am wrong, I will opt out and open this to other experts.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Would the master voicemail box be the same as the master phone that the receptionist uses? We tried entering 999 via Voicemail Access but absolutely nothing happens. No prompt to enter a password. There may be more than one way to access 999?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We also tried entering 999 - nothing