Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

How do I take out the bussy signal from a dterm80 nec phone

Customer Question

how do I take out the bussy signal from a dterm80 nec phone I could dial out but when someone calls me internaly they get a busy signal
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm able to dial out but unable to get any incoming calls because they get a bussy signal on my extension
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Phone System Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Did this phone and its extension work formerly and has the problem only developed recently? if so, then unless you just had some (phone, or nearby) wiring work done lately, or unless your phone cabling is very cheaply done or quite old, then you may have a problem with the phone station itself.Otherwise... if work or reconfiguration has been done on the network or on the system about the time the fault began, then you might have a firewall problem in the network portion, that keeps incoming calls from getting to your particular station, perhaps. It's something to be checked for, along with cabling. If the problem is one of getting this one phone station working, that has never been in working condition before, then that's another matter, and probably has to do with phone system programming.