Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

HiJA: . What seems to be the problem?Customer: I just

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I just bought a CD1281 model
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: and the microphone doesn't work
JA: Is there anything else the Phone System Technician should be aware of?
Customer: it breaks the sentences and the other person can hear only few words now and then
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the device/system you are working with?2) What service provider do you have for this device/system?Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
vtech, CD1281The speakerphone doesn't work, the other person hears one word out of 5 that I say. I just bought it!
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information. OK - may I ask WHEN & WHERE this unit was purchased (what retailer)? Also, if you use the CORDED HANDSET, can your voice be heard clearly and consistently? Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2-3 days ago, Canadian tire
yes when I use the corded handset it's fine.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for that information. OK - I'm looking at a few reviews for this system on various retailer's sites (Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) and see quite a few reports of the exact same issue in those review, along with other issues including sudden failure or the display screen and "just failing" altogether after a period of time. I'm not certain of Canadian Tire's return policy, but based on what I am seeing, I would recommend returning the system to them for a refund OR in exchange for a DIFFERENT brand or model. I have found that Panasonic and Uniden phones have a very good reliability rating, and have personally used both those brands for years. So if Canadian Tire carries either of those brands, that is what I would look for as an exchange system. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions. Thanks, ***** *****