Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I am working with a Panasonic dealer to interface a Tektone

Customer Question

I am working with a Panasonic dealer to interface a Tektone Gateway NC465 to a KX-TDE600 using SIP RFC 3261 in a B2B arrangement with basic IP Authentication. They have a V-SIPGW16 CO line card. The Tektone sends out data but the Panasonic rejects it. The NC465 has the ability to send a Prefix or a passcode then an extension number. I believe all I need is the correct authentication code in the NC465 to access the Panasonic. The dealer has told me Panasonic will not support a third party device an will not give us any information.
Thank You *****
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Perhaps the interfacing ought to be done from the other end, as it were - the Panasonic phone system interfacing with the Tektone Gateway. I would think so. And approaching it that way would make better use of your available Panasonic dealer's advice. And NC465 is a Gateway. It must have another network on the other side of it. Is that in place when you are testing? if not, the Panasonic will not sense anything legit to 'talk to' and will shut up, figuratively speaking. Is the interface cable correct and fully functional? try another cable, and/or double-check your choice of cable or connector.If there is a transceiver between the gateway and the Panasonic system by some chance, check that and/or swap it out. In what fashion does the Panasonic 'reject' the Gateway?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The Tektone engineers have viewed the packets sent and determined that the Panasonic needs set to receive the sip information. They believe that the tektone needs to send the proper ( handshake) to be accepted we need to know what that is.
I will try to get the screen shot of the packets sent if you need it but that is were we are. the tektone interfaces with PBX via the network thru two cisco network switches and this has been confirmed.
I see, and I understand... I wanted to make sure of where the situation stood in its basics, at least.Please send the screen-shot of the packets in question, it might add to the case as I can see and deal with it from here.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have attached screen shot
After some time I'm unable to offer any further ideas on this case, I'm sorry to have to say. I have Opted Out, with apologies, opening the case to any other Expert in this category.