Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Where is "save" key on Panasonic KX-TGE270? Trying to active

Customer Question

Where is "save" key on Panasonic KX-TGE270? Trying to active message mailbox.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Phone System Technician should know?
Customer: Trying to set up "Answering system for landline" and to activate Voicemail message box. Per handbook, after typing in various numbers, supposed to hit [SAVE] then [OFF]. Can find the Off button on handset, but NOT the "SAVE". Handbook does not illustrate it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer, Sorry to hear of any issue you may be having with your phones and getting them set up. The [SAVE] key is normally a "soft key" on the HANDSET of the system. What that means is that DURING PROGRAMMING, the word SAVE will appear at the bottom of the display, just over one of the "buttons" below the display. So if your instructions say to press the [SAVE] key for a particular step, you would press the "soft key" below the word SAVE. The OFF button is a SEPARATE and distinct BUTTON on the handset - to the right side of the keypad - just below the soft keys (buttons). Does that make sense? Please let me know if that makes sense and if you can find those buttons on one of your handsets - during programming. Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)