Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

One residential telephone line coming into house , plugged

Customer Question

one residential telephone line coming into house , plugged into a twc router. this operates a 5 phone system hand set# ***** BASE HAS ANSWER MACHINE #KX-TG6531.
ONE HAND SET IS AFU KAPUT. NOW I HAVE A NEW PANASONIC ONE PHONE UNIT #TGCA20 HANDSET & BASE .
QUESTION? NEW PHONE WILL THIS WORK SIDE BY SIDE? THIS PHONE WILL BE ISOLATED IN THE BACK OF THE HOUSE AND NEED NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE REMAING 4 UNITS. IT ONLY HAS TO RING ON INCOMING CALLS ALONG WITH THE OTHER
FOUR OLD PHONES.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hello Jerry & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line(s)?2) I see that you have mentioned TWO different model numbers - the KX-TG6531 (which is a MAIN BASE UNIT) and the KX-TGCA20 (which is an ADDITIONAL HANDSET and CHARGER (base) for the handset).Do you have a DIFFERENT MAIN BASE UNIT - that is where the KX_TGCA20 HANDSET is registered to?3) Do you have a SINGLE phone line (phone number) or MORE THAN ONE phone line? Thanks