Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My KXT7633 has a second phone connected to it. The second

Customer Question

Hi. My KXT7633 has a second phone connected to it. The second phone can make outgoing calls but not get incoming
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. For a phone like that (or a pair of phones like that, if they both are... you have not said what the second phone is...?...) there might be a defect in the second phone. Connect it up as the first phone (and no second phone at all) and see if it works fully that way.Try connecting up the former first phone as the second phone, see if the fault moves to the former first phone. If so, the hookup is at fault somehow, most likely. Let me know what happens, and what you find out. Also, a simple thing to try: swap out the cable to the second phone. A cracked wire in that cable might possibly be the cause of the problem.