Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I am back. I have the cordless phones that keep disconnecting

Customer Question

I am back. I have the cordless phones that keep disconnecting calls.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Ellen. I see no other questions under your profile. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?4) Do you have dsl service on the same line? 5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1. yes
2 no
3 yes
4 what is dsl?
5 I am not at home to get the model number
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the information, Ellen.It is difficult to give you any specifics without at least a make/model. Can you please reply back here when you have that information? I would also need you to test another phone, something other than the cordless system like a basic corded or wall phone. Can you get/buy/borrow one for a few minutes and see if that has the issue also?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Msodel KXTG7731 No regular phone. All connected to the computer system, cable, etc.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for confirming. So are you saying the phones are plugged into your computer modem?If so, please unplug the modem for 60 seconds to reboot it, and let me know the results.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, Ellen?