Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.

New replacement cordless phone KX-TGA401 Installed new Panasonic

Customer Question

New replacement cordless phone KX-TGA401
Installed new Panasonic NMH batteries per instructions. Placed on charger. After a few seconds I get a beep and the screen displays "Insert battery"
Base unit is KX-TGA4031
Ben Jones
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Ben. Can you please confirm what battery (model/part#) you installed?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Panasonic HHR-65AAAAB
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Yours should be taking the 55AAA part, but as long as they are standard AAA battery format, they should be fine.It is possible you have one of the batteries installed incorrectly (upside down).Did you have nay issues prior to the new batteries?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
New Phone. New batteries which came with phone.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry, I misunderstood and was thinking this was just new batteries, not a whole new phone. Chances are then that the batteries are simply bad.This is an old (2010 model) product, and even though you bought it new, it was manufactured 6 years ago and has been sitting in a warehouse somewhere, and the batteries would be expired at this point. Just get a set of new batteries and you should be fine:
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?