Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My Panasonic phone KX-TGE270, HAS INTERMITTENT SERVICE - SOMETIMES

Customer Question

My Panasonic phone KX-TGE270, HAS INTERMITTENT SERVICE - SOMETIMES GIVES ONE RING AND THEN SHUTS DOWN. OYHER TIME WHEN YOU GO TO MAKE A CALL YOU GET NO DIAL TONE... ANY IDEAS... IT HAS BEEN ON GOING FOR SEVERAL MONTHS. THE HOOKUP
IS THROUGH A COMCAST MODEM.
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When a person is calling they get no response when the call does not go though on the recieve
ing end
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
IS THROUGH A COMCAST MODEM. When a person is calling they get no response when the call does not go though on the recieve
ing end
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Call on my Panasonic phone (###) ###-#### Davd Pollock
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I give up!
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, David. My apologies for any delay - please send only a single message, when you send multiple replies they get pushed down the queue and delay the process further. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes multiple phones and all have same problem.
No fax machine
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Other than a fax, we really would need to test another phone, not part of the cordless system, preferably just a basic corded or wall phone, can you do that please?In the meantime, please unplug power to the comcast modem for 60 seconds to reboot it, and observe if the problem comes back (on any phone)
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you still need help with this?