Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a Panasonic KX-TGE270 series phone system with 4

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic KX-TGE270 series phone system with 4 separate handsets. I just changed telephone companies. I do not yet have voice mail with the new telephone company. There was a voice mail message that came in before they switched my phone over and that voice mail is indicated on my display. When I pick up the receiver I get the 7 tonal sounds that indicates I have a voice mail. I cannot collect it to remove it because I do not have an account with that company anymore. My PIN doesn't give me access because I switched companies. I called my old telephone company and they say I have NO connection with them now and it couldn't be their message but it was a message I received prior to cutting off with them. HOW CAN I CLEAR MY PHONE OF THE INDICATION ON THE DISPLAY AND THE TONAL SOUNDS? I plan to just use the answer machine that is built in the phone and not get voice mail with my new telephone company. I tried to clear it via the instruction book but it keeps coming back. If I hold down # ***** the handset beeps, the display "voice mail telephone company" goes away but the tones are still there if I pick up and in a few minutes the display comes back with "voice mail telephone company" so I am not getting it removed. HOW CAN I CLEAR THIS COMPLETELY?
Thank you so much. ***** *****
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) What phone service provider (phone company) did you have BEFORE the switch and what company do you have NOW?2) WHEN was this switch of provider's made?Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)