Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

I have a Panasonic phone system PNLC1017. I has a mother base

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic phone system PNLC1017. I has a mother base and other units. The display says "Voicemail" but I have no voicemail. I tried several times, I deleted all my caller IDs yet the display on every phone says "New Voice Mail".
Can you please help me change this so the display shows the clock?
Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.Sorry to hear of any trouble you may be having with your phones.May I ask
1) What phone service provider you have for this phone line?
2) When did this issue first begin?Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yesterday or the day before
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Greg, Can you tell me how this works, please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Shall I go away & return or wait for your answer in this box?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
OK - it sounds like your phone is receiving a "voice mail notification" - which is a "signal" from the phone company (Comcast in this case). To TEST for that signal, please pick up any handset of the system, press the TALK button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for the dial tone.It may take a couple of tries, but if you hear a series of "beeps" or "pulsed" dial tone BEFORE a CLEAR (steady) dial tone, that is the "signal" to your phones - that a new message is waiting OR the voice mail system (from the provider) needs attention of some kind. Now since this just started, we can assume that Comcast has recently made some CHANGE to your service package OR simply turned ON the voice mail system. So what you will want to do is contact Comcast (contact information below) and ask them about your "Voice Mail" service, and if something has changed recently, or if they turned it ON. It may need to be cleared and turned OFF - if you don't want that service from them.Comcast Main Support Number(s)1-800-COMCAST1 ***-***-****1-800-XFINITY1.***-***-****Does that make sense? Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will I be able to ask you a follow-up question when Comcast tells me they can't help?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hi again, Sorry for any delay - I got disconnected from the system for a while. You may certainly ask follow-up questions - as many as needed to resolve this issue. Just make sure you do that TEST I mentioned, to see if you hear the "signal" coming from the provider. And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you today.You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.Thanks, ***** ***** .-
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for writing Greg. It wasn't that helpful to spend $40 to be told to call my service provider. You answer essentially restated the question I described: receiving a voicemail notification with steady beeps when I had no voicemail. That's what I needed help with.
Comcast did correct the problem; I didn't think of calling them first because I thought it was an equipment problem.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hi again Carla, You are quite welcome and thanks for letting me know that the issue was fixed. We experts are not aware of any bid or deposit amount that may have been made, and only get a portion of any deposit when you rate the expert's service in a positive way (3 stars or above). And what the expert provides is experience and time to identify the real issue and give the appropriate steps needed to correct the issue - whether that be referring you to the service provider or recommending a new piece of equipment, or having a piece of equipment repaired. Please let me know if you have any more questions related to this issue. And please take a moment to rate MY service, so that I get credit for my time, experience, and expertise in finding the real issue for you. Thanks, ***** *****(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good morning Greg,
My thoughts on expert recognition/compensation/improvement: It would have been more useful to learn I could expect an email when you had an answer instead of my waiting on your screen as in a conventional "chat"; as I wrote earlier, your answer essentially re-stated the information I provided describing the problem - a more concise response would have been, "This is not an equipment problem and you need to call Comcast". It is not your fault that I didn't think of calling Comcast first. The length of time required by both Just Answer and Comcast was many calls and a full day. Your answer arrived after the problem was solved. You explained the delay was part of a system failure - again, not your fault - but it does affect the client waiting. Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Carla,Thanks for your comments/thoughts. You may want to send those thoughts to the support folks here, as they may not read the content here (on these pages). If my input was of ANY help at all in identifying & resolving this issue, please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for my time in answering your questions. Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)