Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Have panasonic kx-t7453 system with old greeting. how to change

Customer Question

have panasonic kx-t7453 system with old greeting. how to change voice mail greeting?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. Can you double check the model number for me?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
kxT7453
From what I am seeing that model does not have a built in answering system. Do you have one attached to it or are you using the phone companies voice mail service?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
built in voice mail that was recorded by some one in 2009 and needs to be updated
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The voicemail system on these sorts of phones is a separate box, usually in a back room. The voicemail box, if it and the 'phone system box' are both Panasonic-made, is probably separate from the phone system box. (The phone system box has all the lines running to it and administrates various abstruse functions of your office's phone system at large.) But the voicemail you want to change is in the voicemail box. That box needs to be identified, by finding that back room or closet, where all the phone lines go, and identifying it by model number.With that model number, I can give you instructions on how to go about changing the voicemail greeting(s), I think. Let me know, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
KS TVS120 is the Panasonic box
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry KX TVS120
Thanks for the info. That helps define the question better. Log into Mailbox.Press 5 for Mailbox Management.Press 1.Press 4.To Change your Greeting:Enter a number from 1 to 4, for your Caller ID Greeting number. (Try '1' in this case.)Press 1 to change your greeting. Follow prompts.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
did not work,may have to call phone company that we purchased the system from 8 years ago, thanks for your help any way
At what point did it not work? was there a stumbling block, in other words, or was there something else wrong?