Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I HAVE A DIGITAL ANSWERING MACHINE (KX-TG7433) THAT HAS BEEN

Customer Question

I HAVE A DIGITAL ANSWERING MACHINE (KX-TG7433) THAT HAS BEEN OPERATING PERFECTLY FOR SOME TIME. TODAY WHENEVER SOME CALLS THE ANSWERING MACHINE WILL NOT RECORD THE INCOMING CALL AND GIVES AN ANNOUNCEMENT THAT THE SUBSCRIBE HAS NOT SET UP AN ACCOUNT. I HAVE CHECKED ALL THE SETTING INCLUDING THE "ANSWER ON OFF" SETTING AND ALL SEEMS NORMAL. ANY REASON FOR THIS GLITCH???
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) WHEN this issue FIRST began?2) Do you have access to a different phone (such as a cell phone) that you can use to TEST different settings on your Panasonic system (such as the number of rings)?3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
TODAY...YES I TESTED THE PHONE WITH A CELL PHONE. THE NUMBER OF RINGS IS 5. CENTURTYLINK
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
OK - can you CHANGE the number of rings on the Panasonic system to TWO or THREE, turn the answering system ON, and then place a NEW TEST CALL to your number (from your cell)?The idea is to TEST to see IF the Panasonic WILL pick up the call and any message that you might leave (leave a TEST MESSAGE). Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
If you're not sure how to change the number of rings on your system, I have a link to a video that shows that process - on many Panasonic systems. NOTE: Your system handset may not match the one shown exactly, but the steps are the same. Click the link to see (and hear) the video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV702EQAoec Let me know what happens when you make this change and place that TEST CALL.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)