Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a Model KX-TG6441 or KX-TG6444T (two models on back)

Customer Question

I have a Model KX-TG6441 or KX-TG6444T (two models on back) and have lost my contacts on all four phones. Is there some way to restore these contacts?
Bill
************
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Bill. The memory for these phones is actually in the base station, the handsets just individually access that base station memory.If that has been cleared/deleted, either by an inadvertent user error, or by some external influence such as damage from a power surge, it is unfortunately not possible to recover. There is no mechanism for retrieving a deleted contact, you cannot restore them yourself. Once they are deleted, the contacts are, for all intents and purposes, gone. These machines are very basic, and don't have a "recycle bin" that can be accessed like your computer does. Each contact will have to be added again. You can do so manually, as before. Alternately, to speed the process up, you can add contacts from the caller id list individually, which will at least save you some time in entering the numbers.Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, Bill?