Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

Anytime I put in a feature code it comes up inactive. I cant

Customer Question

anytime I put in a feature code it comes up inactive. I cant access our company voicemail. I was working on the phones over the weekend trying to fix my bosses system speed dial. I think i accidently inactivated the feature buttons. I tried to re program them but it says intercom #..... I don't know what to put there?? I have to fix this ASAP!! I am on the switch bored. Can you call me
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Phone System Technician should know?
Customer: I need this asap!!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. What model is this system?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
M7324 - I am the switch bored operator thanks
Can you give me an example of what it is doing when you try a feature code?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
any feature code I put in comes up inactive. I was trying to fix my bosses speed dial numbers on his phone. He wanted me to change some of them. I had a lot of problems with that. So I may have did something to the system.
Press Feature *80 what happens? It should allow you to change the ring volume.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what does that have to do with it. I know how to do that??
You said all feature codes are coming up inactive, or is it only the speed dial?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
all feature codes......I was trying to change the speed dial phone numbers that were already in the system. I did the feature * 4 then the instructions. It would say the numbers were changed. Then when we checked it, they didn't change. Now I think since I was messing with it. I deactivated all the features. Or maybe I need to reboot the system because system kept blinking on and off on Friday.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.