Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I am ***** ***** and have a GE Cordless DECT 6.0 model 27911.

Customer Question

I am ***** ***** and have a GE Cordless DECT 6.0 model 27911. I have never used the phone but replaced the identical phone I already have. I am unable to register the base.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I go thru all the steps but get an error message saying "searching." I have re-connected the battery, I have tried to re-boot by disconnecting. I did the recommended charge.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have placed a deposit.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Either there is local interference, or your base unit for the phone is Off, or you have a defective base unit, or there might perhaps be a defect in the phone handset you bought, also. At this point I cannot tell which of these is the problem, but I will need to ask:- Did you replace the handset because the previous/original handset was not working? Try registering the phone in a somewhat different location, e.g. a different room.