Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My Panasonic system was set up to take voicemail within the

Customer Question

My Panasonic system was set up to take voicemail within the base unit. It was working great. I had a power outage with Comcast. When the system came back up my handheld showed New Voice Mail in the display window and I heard 3 beaps when I pressed talk. I talked to Comcast and they removed voicemail from my account.
The New Voice Mail still shows on the display window and I still hear the 3 beaps. I tried entering Menu #332 but it did not remove the New Voice Mail from the display or relieve the 3 beaps.
Please help
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit and START with KX-TG.2) When did this power failure occur?3) When was the service provider last contacted about this issue?4) Do you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, do they also get these 3 beeps when picking up the receiver? Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
KXTG-7621 Power failure several days ago I contacted Comcast several times within the last week
No other devices connectedI was not connected to Comast answere service just to there modem when the outage occurred. I was using the base unit to record voice mail. All was fine until the outage occured. Comcast took there voice mail off of my account stating it would clear
the mater but itl did not. I still have New VOice Mail showing on the hand held unit and 3 beaps when you press talk. The base unite shows no voice mail.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have tried everything I can thinik of to eleviate the situation....turning off the phone... taking out batteries of all units and entering Menu #332. Nothing has worked
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.
Hi again, So WHEN was the LAST TIME Comcast was contacted about the Voicemail message being on your phones?And did you mention the 3 beeps you are hearing - when you last spoke to them?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not going to pay 52.00 for the service you stated 36,00 I think that is enought
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As I stated I talked with comcast several times in the last week. They cannot fix the problem. That is why I came to you. At this point I am not feelin well about your service
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.
Hi again, ANY pop-up requests you are seeing on your side of this system are OPTIONAL - and can be turned down or closed. Also, we experts have no control over those additional offers. So WHEN what the LAST TIME you contacted Comcast (1 hour, 48 hours, etc.) and DID you mention the 3 beeps? I can perhaps get the "new voice mail" message of the screen, but you must work with me on this.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I told comcast about the 3 beeps and tthey stated they would take voice mail off of my account. That is all they culd do!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I contacted them 3 times within the last week.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I also need to remove the 3 beeps so I dont have to wait every time I call of answer the phone
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there no code that would refresh the whole system
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.
And WHEN was this? Was it YESTERDAY, TODAY? And may I ask if you have access to a different phone (cell phone, neighbor's phone) that you can place a TEST CALL to your Comcast number - to see what is heard? I just want to TEST - to see if the Comcast folks actually turned OFF the voicemail.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I called the phone and it rang and took a message in the base unit. I never had comcast voice mail service on the phone
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when I did *99 it slaid it was turned off in the comcast system
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.
I understand. Can you now turn OFF the answering system of the Panasonic and REPEAT the TEST CALL - and see if the Comcast system DOES pick up the call?When you do this?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.
NOTE: When you repeat the TEST CALL - please allow MANY rings - like 10 - to see what happens.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have told you that the comcast system if off. I dialed *99 and it tells me that I do not have it. I dont feel good about lthis service. I have been on the interned to well over an hour and nothing is happeningl;. I am going to call my credit card company and dispute the charges and end this
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.
OK - it appears that you are not interested in actually working with me in resolving this issue, so I will opt out of your question. If you change your mind, please let me know and we can continue to work to resolve this issue. Best Regards, ***** *****