Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have the lucent acs 103g8 at work. We are trying to hook up up the hold for music feature. Do we just hook a radio up to the hold to music connection or should there be a control between the player and the control?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I paid it. Now what?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. You can hook up any audio source via an RCA audio cable, to the RCA-type audio port on the Lucent system.A tip: make sure the RCA cable in question has a long ground shield, unlike some cables for the RCA ports on TVs. You can hook up any audio source, but it helps if the output impedance of the audio source is closer to 600 Ohms than to 8 Ohms.One system is the OHP8000, which allows you to put an audio loop (of your own design, e.g. recitations of the good points of your company, its systems, features, advantages, etc.) on a USB drive, to provide the audio.So you need a radio or other audio source with a 600 Ohm output impedance from an RCA-type port. If the Hold For Music feature is not working / not enabled, you can enable it. This video goes into that part of the problem at about 3:25 (3 minutes 25 seconds in): with an ACS phone system. If this answers your question, please rate my answer. (If you need further advice, Reply To Expert and I will continue to assist you.)