Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Bought a handset to add to my rca 6.0 dect and it won't reg JA:

Customer Question

bought a handset to add to my rca 6.0 dect and it won't reg
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just try to get unit reg so it will ring
JA: Anything else I can tell the Phone System Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 9 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. How many handsets were registered to the system before? What model is the phone system? Dect 6.0 is the type rather than the model.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
25255re2 one
What model is the extra handset you bought?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
dect 6.0
That is the type not the model number. Please check the bottom of its base.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
mod-25055re1
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.
Hello & Welcome, Different expert here. May I ask:1) The TOTAL number of cordless handsets you have had registered to the MAIN BASE UNIT in the past?2) Is this extra handset being used to REPLACE a "broken" or "missing" handset?3) Was the extra handset purchased as NEW or USED?4) What displays on the extra handset - after it has been charged up for a while?Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved? I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)