Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

Cordless phone serial# ***** KX-TGE242CB has failed

Customer Question

Cordless phone serial# ***** KX-TGE242CB has failed (no power to base). Unit was previously replaced at Walmart Scarborough by authorization from Panasonic for the same reason 3-4 months ago.
Please advise as unit has exceptional features but has proved unreliable.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer, Sorry to hear of any trouble with your phones. To help with this issue, may I ask:1) Can you give me a bit more detail about the PREVIOUS failure? That is, can you tell mea) if just a PART of the system was replaced, or the entire system?b) what was the AGE of the previous system?c) was a "cause" of the previous failure determined and given to you? I only ask because a "no power to base" is usually just that (a failed power adapter or something like that). Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved? I only ask because I have not seen a reply back here, but when multiple repeated failures (like this sounds like) occur, it is often required to "look deeper" into WHY the unit(s) failed (find the real cause) and to fix that issue. I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)