Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I forgot my Voicemail number; is there a way to pick up the

Customer Question

I forgot my Voicemail number; is there a way to pick up the voice mail? Gayle
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line? Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
CL82409 ATT verizon
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information. Quite often if you are AT HOME you can call your own phone number and get into the Verizon Voicemail system that way.When the greeting STARTS, press the * (star) key and then enter your pass code. Please give that a try and let me know what happens. Thanks, ***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That worked; how do I put in another code to pick up mail in the future?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hi again and thanks for letting me know that worked for you. Did the system ASK you to change the code?If so, it should also have you enter that code right away (using the number keys), and perhaps ask you to repeat it (as a "confirmation"). Please let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks, ***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
did not ask for any number or code
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
OK - so if you are picking up your voicemails from home, you most likely will NOT need a pass code in the future, as the system KNOWS you are calling from home. But if you are calling from an outside number, then you may need a code. Did you get an instruction sheet (or email) about how to set up the system and access it from the outside? If not, you will want to contact Verizon Customer Service (contact information below) and have them send you that information. THEY will need to send it to you because every area of their coverage can be "different" and will have specific instructions about how to set up the system.Verizon Customer Support: 1-***-***-**** Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions. Thanks, ***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I usually press star and two numbers to pick up the voice mail; I forgot those numbers.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
JUST CANCEL THIS REQUEST; I WILL WAIT FOR MY RELATIVE. DO NOT CHARGE G.HASSID
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
OK - that's interesting. MOST codes for Voicemail systems are AT LEAST 4 digits long.BUT, the "remote code" for many AT&T Answering Systems (such as what is built into your system) have a TWO-DIGIT code (default is 19). Could you be trying to access the built-in answering system - instead of Voicemail? Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** *****