MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing telephone systems, wireless and wired multi line systems as well as computer transmisions.

Two new phones. One registered fine. Other will not register

Customer Question

Two new phones. One registered fine. Other will not register on base unit. Get error beeps. Help. Thanks.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Are both new phones the same?Also may I have the make and model # ***** the phone system? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Phones are same. Model number is *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, model is kcal-tg9381t
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for that.I need you try one thing for me, please unplug the main base from power and the phone lie as well. Then remove all batteries. Then wait 20 full minutes.Re connect it all and let me know if it will allow you to initialize the phones?Thank you for your patience,Tech Mike
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tried it. Didn't work.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** unfortunately you got one bad phone. The base should be fine since it did reg other one handset. But you have one that needs to be exchanged in order to get it working. It happens sometimes ;-( In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime. Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here.Please rate kindly ;-)Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have tried two new phones since the one that worked. Neither of the two would register. Could the problem be other than the phones?
Hi thanks for that, I doubt it would be the base, but it has to be one or the other in this case.Also you would really be surprised how often parts and handsets come in with a failure right out of the box. Being a hands on technician for over 30 years, I would have to say I suspect a bad handset anyway. I woudl really replace it it may take more than 1 try.There really isnt anything else, and considering the 1 phone DID reg, Im sure of this.;-)Please rate no so I can remain with you.ThanksTech Mike