Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

I have a Oricom 900/1 telephone. The cordless handset cuts

Customer Question

I have a Oricom 900/1 telephone. The cordless handset cuts out after about 15 or 20 minutes in the middle of a conversation. What are likely causes
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I only have 1 handset
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Can you please answer each of my questions? I need as much detail as possible to provide an accurate assessment.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have a fax.
Landline with Telstra velocity
Not to my knowledge
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
When a call drops, can you immediately press talk and be able to dial again and make another call?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I got no satisfaction so rang and have been advised that it is a battery trouble. I notice you were quick to charge me the $37.00 even though I got no help from you. As far as I am concerned this matter is at an end.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
I did not provide you with an answer yet.With all due respect, I did not have a reasonable chance to. I asked you for some specific information, and received no reply back.I felt this was a battery issue as well, and was trying to get some information from you to confirm that diagnosis. You are paying for my time and efforts in attempting to help you, though this is a conversation, I don't have a crystal ball to detect issues remotely, and rely on communication with you to get the necessary details that are pertinent to providing an accurate assessment. It may be a battery issue but could easily be something else as well, including line or equipment hardware issues.If you would kindly respond to each of the specific questions I've asked and provide the requested details, I can give you an complete answer.