Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I just bought a company that has nortel phones system t7316

Customer Question

I just bought a company that has nortel phones system t7316 I want to set up voice mail for all the new employes and myself i have viewed the y tube video and I still can't do it
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi Chuck, How To Log Into System Administration:1. Enter Feature 9832. The display will show "LOG", enter your login passworda. If your company extensions are 2 digits long enter "120000"b. If your company extensions are 3 digits long enter "1020000"c. If your company extensions are 4 digits long enter "10020000"3. Press the softkey under "OK" How To Create a New Mailbox:1. Log into system administration2. Select the softkey under "MBOX"3. Select the softkey under "ADD"4. Enter the mailbox number (extension. you want to add5. Mailbox type: Subscriber and then select "OK"6. Extension: Usually the same as the mailbox number7. Service Class: Enter 18. Name: Enter the name using the dial pad. Enter last name first, press "# #" to enter a comma, and then enter the first name. When spelling the name, press # ***** move to the next character9. Directory: Y (Yes.10. Message Waiting: Y (Yes.11. Out dial: Pool, enter 1 and then OK12. Accept: 1, select OK How To Delete a Mailbox:1. Log into the system administration2. Select the softkey under "MBOX"3. Select the softkey under "DEL"4. Enter the mailbox number (extension. you want to delete5. Select the softkey under "Delete" How To Reset a Mailbox Password:1. Log into system administration2. Select the softkey under "MBOX"3. Select the softkey under "Chng"4. Enter the mailbox number you want to reset the password ***** The display shows "Reset Password"6. Select the softkey under "RESET"7. Press the release key*The new password ***** be "0000", the system will ask the user to change this the first time they log into their mailbox using this password. How To Change the Name on a Mailbox:1. Log into system administration2. Select the softkey under "MBOX"3. Select the softkey under "Chng"4. Enter the mailbox number (extension. you want to change the name on5. The display shows "Reset Password"6. Select the softkey under "Next", keep hitting "Next" until the display shows the name7. Select the softkey under "Chng" to enter a new name8. Enter the name using the dial pad. Enter last name first, press "# #" to enter a comma and then enter the first name. When spelling the name, press "#" to move to the next character9. Select the softkey under "Next" to save the change10. Hit the release button How To Change the "Recorded" Name for the Company Directory:1. Have the Voicemail User log into their mailbox, after putting in their password, press the button under "Admin" (or press the number 8 key., and then press the number 1 key.2. You will hear the old recorded name and then the system will "beep", prompting you to record a new name (name only here, not greeting..3. Press "Ok" in the window when you are done recording and then "Ok" again to accept the recording.