Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have Panasonic answerig system KX-TG7431 with 4 phones. 1

Customer Question

I have Panasonic answerig system KX-TG7431 with 4 phones. 1 phone has no audio except for dial tone. Your assistance jn this matter is greatly appreciated.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1) no 2) no 3) local tel co. 4) no
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for confirming. On this 1 handset, if you press the SP (speakerphone) mode, can you hear on it then?Does the other party have any trouble hearing you on it, or even dialing out on it (are number keys recognized for dialing)?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for confirming.This unfortunately tends to indicate that the handset is has an internal hardware fault. The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from handset3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality. Let me know the results,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?