Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Why does the answering part of my phone Panasonic KX-TS4300

Customer Question

Why does the answering part of my phone Panasonic KX-TS4300 not take a message but always gives the day and time as Sunday 1:00am ? This phone had been working fine for 4years until NOW.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. (Does the phone *say* the time is Sunday 1:00 a.m., in a voice that is? or does it show that as the time on its display?) If it shows that on its display, it is possible that, after 4 years, the date-time battery in it has failed at last. In which case it would show a default time whenever it is turned On, until the battery was replaced and the time re-set.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I see that messages have been left.... When I push the button to 'hear' the messages, a voice announces the day and time(Sunday 1am) and NO message is heard. I have never installed a 'backup battery'. This problem has been reported to "" by other people
The battery would not be one that you put in, but one that the manufacturer included in order to keep the date-time clock running. That battery might last 4 years, which is a reasonable lifetime for a small rechargeable battery.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** please..
Unfortunately, upon research, it turns out there is a 9 V battery in this model, but nothing else that I can find.If you haven't replaced that 9 V battery lately, try another replacement, a fresh 9 V battery. After that, if that does not permit time and date to be stored properly, you will have to consider the phone 'broken', and to need either replacement or repair-servicing, unfortunately.