Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

I have a cordless phone with 4 extensions. The phone is now

Customer Question

I have a cordless phone with 4 extensions. The phone is now speaking Spanish
when you try to get your messages
As I am 78 years old and did not learn Spanish in my days, how do I get the phone back to English. I have my phone service with Time Warner Cable and their teck does not
not know what to do. We have always been very pleased with the service that we have had
with our phones.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) Do the phone still show English words - in the DISPLAY of each handset?2) What is the AGE of this system?3) WHEN did this issue first begin (or was noticed)? Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hi again, I didn't see a response for my questions but wanted to send the following information before I sign off for the night - in hopes that it would help you. If ONLY the speaking voice of the answering system has changed to Spanish, you should be able to take the following steps to change it back to English.1) Pick up any handset - while not on a call.2) Press MENU # ***** 1 23) Use the UP or DOWN arrow buttons display the desired setting (English should be your choice).3) Press SAVE and then press the OFF button. That should do it, and can be TESTED by accessing your answering system to see if the voice is back to English. Please let me know if that works for you or if you have any more questions. If this works and has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)