Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have not had a dial tone 3 or 4 days. I believe

Customer Question

I have not had a dial tone for about 3 or 4 days. I believe that if you have an AT & T phone you MUST be able to dial 911 even if you did not pay your bill All my bills are paid & I still do not have a dial tone. I want to sue AT & T for inefficient & illegal phone service
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?4) Do you have dsl service on the same line? 5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Do you need help with this?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No. Forget this. Contacted FCC
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
The FCC would not be able to do anything about this, and there is no guarantee of 911 service. That pertains to most cell phones, but not to landline connections. This could very well be an issue internally with your own equipment and not the line. If you decide you'd like further help feel free to get back in touch.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry but you are incorrect...FCC is already on this. Thank you but I do not need you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Have a nice day.